Landfill - Free Voucher
This opportunity is for residents with an active utility billing account with the City of Kerrville.
**THE 1st QUARTER FREE LANDFILL VOUCHER WILL BE AVAILABLE JANUARY 1, 2021.
WITH THE VOUCHER, RESIDENTS CAN MAKE ONE FREE TRIP TO THE LANDFILL; TO DISPOSE OF UNWANTED FURNITURE, APPLIANCES, BRUSH AND YARD DEBRIS, OR EXTRA TRASH. CALL (830) 258-1221 TO ARRANGE FOR YOUR FREE VOUCHER.
Eligible residents are authorized:
- ONE voucher to be used anytime from January - March (1st quarter) 2021
- ONE voucher to used anytime from July - September (3rd quarter) 2021
Residents are able to discard unwanted residential appliances such as washers, dryers, water heaters, and other miscellaneous furniture.
Refrigerators, freezers and A/C units are allowed only if the refrigerant has been reclaimed and the unit has been tagged by a licensed technician.
Bagged trash, as well as brush and yard waste, is also allowed to be dropped off at the landfill with the voucher.
Guidelines for vouchers:
- Vouchers are available by calling Kerrville Public Works Department at (830) 258-1221, Monday - Friday,
- Vouchers are valid for ONE trip to the Landfill/Transfer Station.
- Landfill/Transfer Station Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:50 p.m.; and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- All items transported must be covered or secured during transportation.
- New or used oil
- Construction material
- Household paints, chemicals, and other hazardous items
The Solid Waste Division encourages citizens to beautify the community and reach out to neighbors who may need assistance. This promotes engagement and stewardship within your neighborhood. However, it is very important that the guidelines mentioned above are followed.
- For additional information about any of the city’s solid waste services, contact the City of Kerrville at (830) 258-1221.