The City of Kerrville has contracted with Republic Services for curbside waste and recycling collections. Curbside recycling service occurs every other Friday and is dependent on your regular trash pick-up day.
Monday & Tuesday trash collection days, recycling is serviced on the Green Fridays
Wednesday & Thursday trash collection days, recycling is serviced on the Yellow Fridays
- Recycling needs to be placed out for collection no later than 7:30 a.m. of your assigned Friday
- Not within 3 feet of any other object
- Not within 5 feet of any vehicle
- At least 16 feet of overhead clearance
*Lid must be able to close completely, to prevent recyclables from falling onto the street; which could result in a disruption of service.
Check out this short video on Recycling Simplified.
If you experience any issues with solid waste/recycling collections, please contact Republic Services at 830-522-3061. If needed, you may call the City at 830-257-8000.
- Aluminum products: Cans, foil, pie plates. Please be sure there is no remaining food or liquid in the container.
- Cardboard: Cereal boxes, Kleenex boxes, pizza boxes, soap bar boxes, paper towel inserts, soft drink boxes, moving boxes, product shipment boxes. No waxed or plastic coated cardboard items. Nothing larger than 2 feet x 2 feet
- Magazines: Magazines, catalogs, telephone books
- Mixed paper: Direct mail, envelopes, colored paper, post it notes. No tissues or paper towels
- Newsprint: Newspapers and inserts
- Shredded paper: Must be placed in paper bags ONLY
- White paper: Office paper, notebook paper, office printer paper
- Plastics: #1, #2, #5. Remove lids from bottled items. Please be sure there is no remaining food or liquid in the container.
- Steel/tin cans: Metal cans and lids (labels do not have to be removed). Please be sure there is no remaining food or liquid in the cans.
- Glass bottles and jars. Please be sure there is no remaining food or liquid in the container.
- Plastic Bags - empty or with items inside
- Batteries or electronics, including cords
- Hazardous/Toxic containers
- Flower pots or water hoses
- Frozen food or chip bags
- Plastic or metal hangers @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Ceramic dishes, light bulbs, drinkware, mirrors
- Food waste, soiled paper plates or pizza boxes, napkins
- Styrofoam containers, packing material or peanuts
- Yard waste, brush or leaves
- Household waste
- Construction material, sheetrock, lumber, or shingles @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>