Pay Your Traffic Ticket
The Kerrville Municipal Court strives to provide convenient options to pay citations on your schedule. With an understanding that the citizens of Kerrville are busy and may not be able to get to the Municipal Court to pay their citations during normal business hours, the Municipal Court has established multiple methods for payment, four of which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Municipal Court hopes that the multiple options for payment detailed below provide all defendants with an option to pay their citation, if that is how they want to respond to the citation.
Pay in Person
You can pay in person during normal business hours at the Municipal Court. If this is the option you choose, please wait approximately five (5) days after you receive your citation to visit the Municipal Court to pay your citation. This waiting period is required to ensure that the Municipal Court has received the citation from the Kerrville Police Department and the citation is entered into the court’s system.
If you want to pay in person, you will have to pay before the date of your initial appearance provided on your citation. The Court accepts cash, check, money order, debit cards, or any of the major credit cards.
You may pay your citation in full online by clicking www.municipalonlinepayments.com. This option is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but there is an additional $1.50 service fee for use of the online payment option. If payments are made on normal business days, with the exception of Fridays, payments will be processed by the Court within 24 hours. However, payments made on Friday, over the weekend, or on holidays may take up to 72 hours for processing.
Online payments may be made with credit or debit cards. In order to pay online, you will be required to provide one of the following sets of information to look up your citation:
- Citation number and date of birth;
- Driver’s license number and date of birth
- Social Security Number and date of birth; or
- Vehicle license plate number and state.
Payment plans are not available if paying online.
Pay by Telephone
You may pay your citation over the telephone during normal business hours by calling (830) 257-2388. The Municipal Court accepts both credit and debit cards. When calling the Court to pay your citation, you will be required to provide:
- Your name;
- The number of the citation you wish to pay; and
- Credit card information.
Payment plans are not available if paying over the telephone.
Pay by Mail
To pay your citation by mail, fill out and sign the citation and mail the original or a copy of the citation with the fine amount to the Kerrville Municipal Court at 301 McFarland Drive, Kerrville, Texas 78028. In order to be excused from your initial appearance date, a copy of the citation and payment must be received by the Municipal Court before the date set for your initial appearance on the citation.
The Municipal Court accepts payment by mail in the form of a check, cashier’s check or money order.
Terms & Conditions for Payments
- Defendants under the age of 17 when they receive their citation are not permitted to pay their citation before their scheduled initial appearance; These defendants must appear in open court before the Judge.
- Defendants younger than 21 years of age who receive a citation for alcohol or tobacco offenses are not permitted to pay their citation before their scheduled initial appearance; these defendants must appear in open court before the Judge.
- If you pay the citation through any method, you are waiving your right to a trial.
- A plea of “Nolo Contendere” and a disposition of Guilty will be entered on your case upon payment of the citation.
- Subject to alternate posting times specifically addressed above, all payments made after 5 p.m. will be posted the following work day.
- A mandatory state fee of $15 will be added if any part of the fine is paid more than 30 days after the judgment has been entered.
- Late payments sent by mail will be accepted and posted, and you will be notified at the address on the citation if there are additional fines. To update your address with the Municipal Court, call (830) 257-2388.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions listed above, please go to Your Options to view additional ways to respond to the citation.