Park History

History

Kerrville-Schreiner Park began as a city park built by the C.C.C. in the 1930's then deeded to the State of Texas and became a State Park. On February 13, 2004, Kerrville-Schreiner Park was transferred back to the City of Kerrville under authority of Texas House Bill 2108. Improvements to the park included the addition of sewer connections to both RV camping loops on the river side of the park, 23 new mini-cabins, shoreline stabilization and water sports area development, renovation of restrooms and group facilities.

Kerrville Parks and Recreation Office