House Numbers Must Be 4" Tall
You house number should be printed in numbers that are NO LESS THAN 4" TALL and in a contrasting color from your house color.
- Your house numbers should be visible up to 150 feet, from all angles.
- Be sure your house numbers can be seen at night.
- Keep your numbers clearly visible throughout the year.
- As a test, ask neighbors, friends, or service people who visit your home if they saw your house numbers easily.
- Encourage family, friends, and neighbors to post their house numbers, too!
Why You Need House Numbers
In case of an emergency, dial 9-1-1, "0" for operator or your local emergency number whenever you need help for the following.