A message from your Fire and Emergency Services Chief
It is my privilege and honor to introduce to you the Kerrville Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department. We are a paid professional organization comprised of four fire stations. We have 77 career Firefighter EMT’s/Paramedics and officers, and two administrative staff who proudly serve our community by providing 24-hour fire protection and advanced medical life support service. Our department also provides fire protection to areas within the City of Kerrville’s extra territorial jurisdiction and Emergency Medical Services to 1,100 square miles of Kerr County. Our goal is to provide a community based, all-hazards emergency service delivery system. We meet this goal through mutual respect, open communication and teamwork operating as one efficient and effective department. In 2016, our department responded to 9,192 calls for service and our personnel participated in over 19.498 hours of training.
Mission: "Exceptional Team... Efficient Methods... Excellent Service"
Vision:The Kerrville Fire Department will excel as an intellectually vibrant public safety organization which is admired by, and responsive to the needs of our community.
Slogan:“Setting the Public Safety Standard”
Our Commitment to our customers is to:
• Support and maintain a safe, healthy, well-trained workforce
• Provide the highest quality of patient care
• Be a community resource for life safety information and knowledge
• Be accountable to our community for demonstrable results
• Be recognized as a leader of progressive fire, rescue and EMS
• Be innovative and proactive to community issues
• Believe in our role as stewards of public trust by doing the right thing for our citizens and visitors
The Kerrville Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department proudly serves all citizens and visitors. I am honored and privileged to serve as the Chief of our community Fire and Emergency Medical Services, and I look forward to continuing the legacy of providing excellence in service through our brave career professionals.