Area Assistance Programs
Alamo Area Assistance
AACOG (Alamo Area Council of Governments) provides the following programs and services to its member counties:
For more information about any of the above services / programs, please contact AACOG at (210) 362-5200 or visit http://www.aacog.com/
Alamo Area Agency on Aging
Goals & Services
The agency is dedicated to building a community that supports older residents and allows them to age in place with dignity, security, and enhanced quality of life. The range of services provided includes congregate meals, home-delivered meals, benefits counseling, care coordination, legal assistance, nutrition and counseling and training, caregiver support, and transportation services.
◦ Benefits Counseling - Provides assistance to seniors 60 years of age and older and Medicare beneficiaries of any age concerning their public benefits and entitlements.
◦ Care Coordination - Assesses the needs of people 60 years of age and older and then coordinates local resources to support an individual's highest level of functioning.
◦ Caregiver Support - Assesses needs of caregivers and then coordinates available support services.
◦ Information, Referral, and Assistance - Provides information and assistance to callers to identify and link with the appropriate service agencies.
◦ Nutrition - Serves nourishing meals on site and/or delivered to home-bound seniors.
◦ Ombudsman - Advocates for residents of long-term care facilities (nursing homes and assisted living facilities).
◦ Senior Centers - Local neighborhood facilities providing organization and provision of support services and recreational and group activities for the older person.
◦ Transportation - Offers door-to-door trips to nutrition sites, local medical services, and social service agency appointments.
For more information about any of the above services / programs, please contact AACOG at (210) 362-5200 or visit https://www.aacog.com/