Job Openings and Job Postings
Job Openings are distributed and posted as follows:
- To all departments for internal posting for three (3) working days. If an individual is not selected internally, or the hiring supervisor desires to expand the field of applicants, then...
- The job position is posted for the public on the Job Posting Board located near the front entrance to City Hall and on the City website; and/or
- Advertised in local, state, and/or national news media, professional publications, web sites, and/or other means deemed beneficial to recruitment.
All Departments (excluding Fire & Police)
- Employment applications are accepted for current job openings only. A resume may be submitted with a completed application, but is not a substitute for an application.
- Applications received for a position not open will be returned to the applicant.
- A separate application is required for each position to which applying.
- Applicants are encouraged to review the minimum qualifications of the position(s) they are interested in.
- Applicants must meet the minimum requirements of the position(s) to which applying, and must indicate how they meet the posted or advertised requirements for the job.
- Selected applicants will be notified for further consideration.
Download Acrobat Reader
All job offers are conditional upon the passing of pre-employment and/or background checks.
Pre-employment and background checks include any or all of the following (but are not limited to):
- Drug Screen or Drug Screen plus Alcohol Screen for DOT Drivers
- Physical Exam
- Criminal History Record Check
- Credit Check
- Driving Record Check
- And/or verification of any or all information provided on the employment application form.