The Street department works to improve the quality of life for citizens through maintenance and operation of street and drainage infrastructure.
- Streets/ROW: responsible for 147 miles of street and right of way (ROW) operation and maintenance; including herbicide, street sweeping, sight obstruction removal, tree trimming, and bridge maintenance and repair
- Traffic/Street Lighting: responsible for the installation, maintenance, inspection, and repair of all traffic control devices including traffic signals, school flashers, and pavement markings. Additional responsibilities include collecting traffic data, in-house sign fabrication, and managing requests for street light installation and repair. Street lights are operated and maintained by the Kerrville Public Utility Board (KPUB). This service is paid for from the Streets budget.
- Paving: responsible for pavement rehabilitation including crack seal, pothole repair, utility cut repair, milling, overlay, and reconstruction
- Drainage: responsible for inspection, maintenance, and repair of all drainage systems including cleaning, grading and erosion control
In the event of an after-hour street or drainage emergency, please notify police dispatch at (830) 257-8181.
In 2020, we:
- Committed more than 3,500 hours to maintaining City Right-of-Ways
- Dedicated 2,380 staff hours to drainage & rehabilitation
- Repaired over 900 potholes
- Slurry sealed over 13 lane miles of roadway
- Completed 4.74 lane miles of roadway overlay @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Key Priority Area: Mobility/Transportation
- Manage allocated funding to ensure that services are provided in a cost effective manner
- Utilize City resources prior to outsourcing services @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Analyze daily operations to identify challenges and improve efficiency
- Share information with citizens regarding road and drainage repair @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>