Provides 24/7 construction support and maintenance for the City's water and wastewater infrastructure. This department handles the emergency repair work of all broken water lines owned by the city. These repairs take high priority to ensure public safety, minimal water loss and service disruption to the customer.
- Extend water and wastewater mains of various sizes
- Install new manholes and valves
- Maintain all the city's existing water mains, fire hydrants, and valves
- Install, maintain and repair of all fire hydrants within the City's Distribution system
- Perform new installation taps into the city's water and wastewater system
- Provide assistance to other departments for flood control, traffic control and clean up after major storms
- Relocated over 600 feet of water mains
- Started a valve exercising program
- REsponded to over1,500 Texas 811 utility locate requests
- Completed over2,000 customer requested work orders, including new taps and other repairs
- Set 48 new meters
Key Priority Area: Water, Wastewater & Drainage:
- Ensure that all fire hydrants within the distribution system are properly maintained
- Exercise 25% of the control valves in the distribution system
- Evaluate all existing water valves and make necessary replacements
- Ensure valve locations in GIS are accurate
Key Priority Area: Public Facilities & Services
- Provide a high level of customer service by responding to all dig test requests within the allowed time, responding to any main leaks within 3 hours, and making all necessary notifications to the public when needed.
- Invest in training so staff is operating with optimal knowledge of safety & operations.
“In the event of an after-hour water or wastewater emergency, please notify police dispatch at (830) 257-8181.”