Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Qualifications for the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board:
A majority shall be residents of the City of Kerrville, and all shall be residents of Kerr County. Membership on the Board should include persons interested in public parks, and public recreation and persons who are knowledgeable in recreation matters, to include the City’s golf, tennis, and sports facilities.
Powers and Duties: Shall constitute an advisory board to the City Council. The Board shall advise the City Council regarding the development, improvement, equipment, programming, and maintenance of all land and facilities managed by the Parks and Recreation Department. In addition, the Board shall promote close cooperation between the City and its citizens, institutions, and agencies interested in or conducting recreational activities, so that recreational resources within the City may be coordinated to secure the greatest public welfare.
Expectations of the Board:
Board members are expected to comply with the following expectations:
1) Attend meetings on a regular basis and be an active user, participant, or attendee of the City’s parks, recreational areas, and / or facilities.
2) Advocate for the Parks and Recreation Department.
3) Assist with the marketing of activities of the Parks and Recreation Department including special events, programs, and the usage of the City’s parks, recreational areas, and facilities.
4) Assist in planning, marketing, and / or volunteering with the various activities, special events, and programs.
5) Assist the Parks and Recreation Department with the recruitment of volunteers.
Term of Office: Two years, maximum of two consecutive terms
Number of Members: Nine
Meeting Time & Place:Quarterly, second Thursday, 8:15 a.m., City Hall Council Chambers
Established by: Ordinance No. 1984-37, amended by Ordinance No. 1987-24; amended by Ordinance 2017-12
I am not employed by the City of Kerrville. If appointed, I will notify the City of Kerrville of any changes in my residence or business, or of any other relevant changes that would affect my appointment. I will also notify the City if any potential conflicts of interest arise. I recognize that my appointment requires my regular attendance and participation at all scheduled meetings. Failure to do so may result in my removal. I am willing to make this commitment of time and effort. I understand and acknowledge that by selecting the 'I Agree' option below, I hereby certify that all information in this application is complete, truthful and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
When filed at city hall, this will become a public document that may be disclosed per the Texas Public Information Act.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field