(July 27) The Kerrville Police Department’s Special Crimes Unit ( KPD SCU) culminated a three (3) month criminal investigation with the execution of a State search warrant which led to the arrest of two persons and seizure of methamphetamine, counterfeit U.S. currency and illegal firearms.
Prior to the execution of the search warrant at approximately 10:00AM, July 26, 2012, the KPD Special Crimes Unit stopped Mandi Branham, 28 years old, as she drove away from a travel trailer occupied by Allan Crider located in the 500 block of Town Creek. Branham was found in possession of seven (7) grams of methamphetamine, placed under arrest and transported to the Kerr County Jail. Branham is a resident of Fredericksburg, Texas.
At approximately 7:00PM, July 26, a State search warrant issued by the 198th Judicial District was executed at Crider’s trailer by the Kerrville Special Operations Unit, a team comprised of KPD and Kerr County Sheriff’s Office Deputies.
Occupying the trailer were Alan Crider, age 33, of 572 Town Creek and Damon Kazaprzak, age 21 of Kerrville. Crider was arrested on an outstanding warrant for felony Driving While Intoxicated 3rd (DWI 3rd ) and two (2) misdemeanor warrants for failure to pay child support. Kazaprzak was arrested for two (2) misdemeanor Municipal Court warrants.
A search of the trailer by KPD SCU recovered the following:
1. approximately 125 grams of methamphetamine valued at $12,500
2. approximately 60 milligrams of morphine
3. approximately 4,145 milligrams of Oxycodone
4. less than one gram of Trazodone, a schedule II dangerous drug
5. a .22 caliber revolver
6. a .410 caliber shotgun with a short barrel under 18” inches
7. several thousand dollars face value of counterfeit U.S. currency in various denominations
KPD SCU is continuing the investigation and intends to file the following
1. Crider, Possession with intent to Deliver Methamphetamine, 4 to 200 grams
Possession with Intent to Deliver Morphine
Possession with Intent to Deliver Oxycodone
Possession of Dangerous Drug
Unlawful possession of a firearm by a Felon
Possession of Prohibited Weapon, short barrel shotgun
Fraud (counterfeit currency)
2. Branham, Possession with Intent to Deliver Methamphetamine, approximately
Seven (7) grams.
Possession with Intent to Deliver Methamphetamine, 4 to 200 grams
3. Kazsprzak, potential charges will be determined by the 216th District Attorney’s Office.
KPD Chief John M. Young, Jr., stated that “this lengthy investigation illustrates
the capability of the Special Crimes Unit to target local criminals and file prosecutable cases. SCU has on numerous occasions’ targeted criminals and their organizations affecting the welfare of the citizens of Kerrville and Kerr County. The unit is a comprised of KPD investigators and an Investigator from the Kerr County Sheriff’s Office and provides the Unit enhanced jurisdictional capability in this county.”