The City of Kerrville is now accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Finance
The Finance Department provides accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, debt management, investment management, purchasing, utility billing, and utility meter services for the City. This position has key responsibilities for oversight, management and implementation of many of these functions, including supervision of assigned staff.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage accounting operations including journal entries, subsidiary ledger reconciliations, account reconciliations, monthly financial statement review and administration of financial software system.
2. Manage treasury operations including daily cash management, investment management, reconciliations of all accounts and cash flow forecasting.
3. Manage outstanding debt including preparation of all scheduled payments and required debt disclosures.
4. Manage capital project accounting and budgeting including administration of project accounting software, detail spending of bond proceeds by project, annual preparation and monitoring of the community investment plan, and related fixed asset accounting.
5. Assist with annual financial reporting and the annual financial audit.
6. Assist with the preparation, adoption and monitoring of the annual budget.
7. Assist with preparing and presenting reports to the City Manager, City Council and all other boards and commissions of the City of Kerrville.
8. Through continuing education and research, recommend and implement best practices in municipal finance.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Certification, and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university with a minimum of five (5) years proven experience in governmental accounting, finance or auditing OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Governmental Finance Officer preferred.
• Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License.
for the complete job description.
Click “here” for the application for employment.
The City of Kerrville is an equal opportunity employer of qualified individuals.