Water Testing for Your Safety The City of Kerrville Laboratory (Lab) is a TCEQ approved water testing lab under the National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP) regulation.
The Lab provides sampling and analysis support to the Water Production and Water Reclamation Divisions. The Lab also responds to environmental complaints and wastewater overflows in addition to assisting in wastewater pre-treatment operations. The Lab is committed to providing the most reliable and highest quality analytical service to our customer and community at a reasonable cost.
In the event of an after-hour Public Works emergency, please notify police dispatch at (830) 257-8181.
- Internal Testing: the Lab is responsible for providing sampling and analysis support for Water Production and Water Reclamation to ensure compliance with TCEQ and EPA regulations.
- External Testing: the Lab provides water and wastewater testing for a fee to commercial and private customers in the region.
In the last year, we:
- Performed approx. 4200 lab tests for the water Reclamation Plant
- Performed over 900 lab test for Water Production
- Performed over 800 water analyses on public samples
- Performed approx. 400 tests on grease trap samples
Key Priority Area: Water, Wastewater & Drainage
- Maintain NELAC Certifiation at Lab
- Maintain TCEQ Drinking Water Laboratory Approval
- Provided quality testing of samples for Water Production & Water Reclamation
- Provide sampling, sample analysis, and tracking for grease trap program
- Maintain fiscal responsibility for all laboratory and pre-treatment operations
- Streamline laboratory procedures and protocols to ensure cost-effective practices
- Provide cross-training to increase versatility and ensure TCEQ compliance.
- Maintain a high level of service to new and existing customers.