|Community Recycling Drop-off Site
The recycling drop-off site is located at the Landfill/Transfer Station, 3315 Loop 534. This site is operated by Republic Services and the hours coincide with those of the Landfill/Transfer Station.
All recyclables which are currently accepted do not have to be sorted. Single stream dumpsters are available for you to place items at the recycling drop-off site. Below is a list of items that are currently being accepted.
Accepted Recycling Center Items
There is no sorting required. Please do not place items in plastic bags.
- Aluminum products: Clean cans, foil, and pie plates. Please make sure there is no remaining food or liquid left on or in these item(s).
- Cardboard: Cereal, Kleenex boxes, pizza boxes, soap bar boxes, paper roll and tissue inserts, soft drink packaging, moving boxes,and product shipment boxes. No waxed or plastic coated cardboard items.
- Magazines: Magazines, catalogues and telephone books
- Mixed paper: Direct mail, envelopes, colored paper, or post it notes. No tissues or paper towels.
- Newsprint: Newspaper and the inserts that come with it.
- Plastics: #1, #2, #5. Please rinse containers and remove lids from bottled items. Plastics that cannot be recycled are: items larger than 2 feet by 2 feet, eating utensils, razor handles, cups/containers with no recycle symbol, drink lids, six-pack holders, straws, syringes, plastic window on cardboard, tooth brushes, toothpaste tubes, or any other tube-like material.
- Shredded paper: White paper cut up, must be placed in a brown bag.
- Tin cans: Metal cans and lids (labels do not have to be removed). Please make sure there is no remaining food or liquid in the cans.
- White paper: Office printer paper and school notebook paper
- Scrap Metal, Rechargeable Batteries, Car Batteries and Electronics: Please consult with your local metal recycler/scrap yard for policies on accepting these items. The Transfer Station has a designated location for scrap metal. Please see attendant for location and policies.
3315 Loop 534
Kerrville, Texas 78028
City of Kerrville
Solid Waste Division
701 Main St.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Hours of Operation
Monday thru Friday-
7:30am - 4:50pm
Closed on Sunday
Glass is no longer accepted at the recycling drop off site effective 12/01/2014
Items Not Accepted at the Recycling Center
- Drums, pails paint cans or closed containers with chemicals or chemical residue
- Containers and/or piping with chemical residue
- Materials that may be classified as hazardous or toxic
- Radioactive material or casings for radioactive material
- Items with mud (dirt), concrete, sludge, free liquids, waste oil or used oil and oil filters
- Items containing explosive material
- Items containing asbestos (friable or non-friable)
- Items containing mercury (switches, controls, etc.)
- Sealed compressor units
- Items that may have contained cyanide
- Fluorescent light ballasts or transformers
- Televisions and CRT computer monitors
- Plastic grocery bags (may be taken to a local grocery store)
- Lawn care equipment that still has fluids such as oil and gasoline
For questions regarding the drop-off site, contact Republic Services at (830) 257-3831 or the City of Kerrville at (830) 258-1223.
Tv's and Computer Monitors
Recycling Information Sheet